Money minded or Wise minded?


 Once, there was a rich businessman leaving a five-star hotel. He saw a beggar sitting by a roadside. The man started walking towards him and became aggressive saying “Hey man! How can you rest here in front of a hi-fi hotel! This place is for a rich not for a poor beggar like you!
  Upon hearing this in a harsh and an accusative tone, that beggar got up and started walking away. After he took a few steps, the man called him saying “Hey you! Come back here.” The beggar turned back walking towards the man. Then the drama begins….

Man: How you came here? Are there any beggars other than you , roaming in this area?
Beggar: I went begging the entire day. I came here to rest. Further, along with me, there are a few beggars in this area but they might have gone away!
Man: Ohhh I see!!! Let me take out ½ an hour from your schedule. I want to ask a few things to you.
Beggar: Sure, sir.
Man: Ok. Here I start. How do you earn your living and manage to live your life in spite of such fateful conditions?
Beggar: My day begins at 5 a.m. I wake up and start begging for some pounds so that I can feed the mid-day meal to my family. I live with my two small boys. They also beg for the family. But we three together, hardly earn money to make our ends meet. Sometimes, we have to go through empty stomach for a few days because of the lack of money. But then too, sometimes we earn some pounds, good enough to feed ourselves. In this way, we manage to have at most 3-4 meals a week.
Man: What is your future dream?
Beggar: I want to make a living for my children, even though I can’t provide them with basic means of living. I wish to make their life great.
Man: (Laughs) How will you do that?
Beggar: I will make my children well-behaved, well-mannered.
Man: (Laughs again) But how they will grow without money?
Beggar: They will work hard to earn money. They will do part-time jobs or full-time small jobs! Also, both of them are good dancers. So, they can make money from that! They will do anything which is fair and legal! Further, remember one thing:

   Money alone can’t make you wise
 But your values, personality can make you rise.

 Upon hearing the last two lines, that man got stunned! More importantly, he realized that, all the pride and ego and money-mindedness he possessed for years had faded away in those 20 minutes of conversation. He thought that from now onwards I will grow and develop myself more rather than only the money.
  I will be back in a couple of weeks. Till then, you may communicate with me your thoughts regarding the topic through my email or LinkedIn profile.

Have a good day!!

E-mail: sayalik708@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My introduction-My first ever try as a blogger

The advanced but complicated world of technology!

ALL IS IN THE PRESENT MOMENT!!!!!